Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Login |  Register 
 
Find Products or Services in your local community
 
MSC News National Headlines U.S Health Tech Talk World Business Sports Top Headlines
County seeks NRCS assistance for flood damage
06/12/2019

Brown County Courthouse

(KNZA)--The Brown County Commission has signed a request for assistance through the Natural Resources Conservation Service’s Emergency Watershed Protection Program to restore damages caused by heavy rain on May 28.  

The Commission took the action Monday.

District Conservationist Matt Sprick discussed four locations that may be eligible for assistance to repair excessive streambank erosion associated with road/bridge infrastructure.  

If approved, the NRCS would pay for 75 percent of the construction cost.  The county would be responsible for the remaining 25 percent, which can be in the form of in-kind services.    

Sprick said engineers from the state NRCS office will assess the sites and prepare cost estimates.

 

© Many Signals Communications
You will need to be logged in to leave a comment.
Please Login

characters left

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our Terms of Use.



MOST VIEWED STORIES
One killed in Atchison Co wreck
Meth found in child's system; mother arrested
Robinson man facing child sex charges
Atchison man injured in 3-vehicle Johnson Co crash
Woman hurt while trying to find her dog
Healing arts executive placed on probation
Financial crimes hold one
Atchison man accused of arson
Special display coming to Hiawatha
CMC in Falls City to stop delivering babies
Click Here For All Stories

LATEST STORIES
Meth found in child's system; mother arrested
Two charged in Horton burglary
Storm Disaster Assistance Available to Kansas Farm Families
Day 1, Kansas Wheat Harvest Report
County to re-advertise for emergency management director
Frankfort awarded USDA loan
Falls City hospital to discuss future use of nursery space
MDC to streamline Nature Shop sales starting this summer
MDC reduces CWD Management Zone starting July
Atchison's 14th Street viaduct to close
Click Here For All Stories

©2019 MSC News
Hiawatha, Ks 66434
EEO Public Report
KNZA - KLZA - KMZA - KTNC - KAIR
Powered by Radio Media Group
108.162.241.76