Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Login |  Register 
 
Find Products or Services in your local community
 
MSC News National Headlines U.S Health Tech Talk World Business Sports Top Headlines
Pump purchase approved to aid with flooding
11/18/2019

(KAIR)--Equipment is being purchased to assist with the flooding in Doniphan County.

That came Friday as part of the result of a special meeting of the Doniphan County Commission.

According to the minutes for the session, the Commission approved $25,000 in matching funds for a grant to help fund the purchase of stationary electric pumps to assist with the removal of flood waters affecting the eastern portion of the county.

The grant through  Kansas Emergency Management will fund 75 percent of the cost. The county will be responsible for the remaining 25 percent.  

The county's share of the funding will come from the county general and emergency management funds.

Spring flooding of the Missouri River heavily impacted Doniphan County, including the March evacuation of Elwood.

 

 

© Many Signals Communications
You will need to be logged in to leave a comment.
Please Login

characters left

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our Terms of Use.



MOST VIEWED STORIES
Two arrested after Saturday pursuit
Updated: Train derails near Reserve
Sheriff: Explosives, guns, found during search
Trial set for Hiawatha man charged in fatal wreck
Former Hiawatha banker dies
Robinson man sentenced on child sex charges
Body discovered in SE Nebraska identified
Sheriff warns about scam circulating locally
Effort underway to recall Humboldt Mayor
Five new Covid-19 cases in southeast Nebraska
City and County to discuss combined dispatch center
Atchison Co retains mask mandate
Health advisory issued for Brown State Fishing Lake
Suit over sex abuse at KS VA hospital goes to trial
New coronavirus case confirmed in Richardson Co
Vacancy filled on USD 415 board
Stolen KC rental found in Atchison Co
Atchison Co adds 42nd virus case
Sheriff warns about FedEx scam
Kansas State Fair canceled due to COVID-19

Click Here For All Stories


LATEST STORIES
Congressman Watkins charged with three felonies
Atchison Co confirms virus case 45
Auburn School Board approves early start date for students
New Covid-19 cases confirmed in SE Nebraska
Sheriff warns about FedEx scam
Vacancy filled on USD 415 board
Robinson man sentenced on child sex charges
Free COVID-19 Antibody tests for Atchison County MO residents
Richardson County 4-H / FFA Junior Fair to be closed to public
Kansas State Fair canceled due to COVID-19
Click Here For All Stories

©2020 MSC News
Hiawatha, Ks 66434
EEO Public Report
KNZA - KLZA - KMZA - KTNC - KAIR
Powered by Radio Media Group
172.69.62.136